Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dreadclaw Drop Pod Conversion

With the 6th Edition 40k Chaos Codex and the Horus Heresy Forgeworld line on the horizon, I've begun looking at what I need to build to play in both.  I'd found these amazing conversions a while ago, but only recently have made significant progress.
The Dreadclaw Drop Pod


Dark Future Games made a beautiful tutorial on how to build a Dreadclaw Drop Pod.  If you're considering a Heresy-era army for Warhammer 30k, I highly recommend following it.  At this point, I've built 3, and 2 have held up (one became victim to the "it was on the floor and I have a big foot" fairy).  It's fairly simple, and you need no additional bits in addition to the drop pod kit.  As a bonus, you have a lot of parts left over for conversions.  Once I have mine painted, I'll be posting pictures here.

3 comments:

  1. How did you do the rust?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is actually from the original. I've not uploaded photos of mine yet, since I'm waiting for a shipment of Night Lord iconography to come in. He loaded Calthan Brown into an airbrush after masking the spots he wanted no rust on with tape, then drybrushed it with black. He's got a lot more detail on the paint job if you follow the link.

    ReplyDelete