Friday, November 23, 2012

Generation V: The Pokemon Essentials

At a friend's suggestion, I've picked up Pokemon Black 2, and have been exploring building a team in preparation for PAX East.  I've gotten about halfway into the game, and I'm already exploring what to expect once I enter the Subway for random battles, as well as what to expect at the conference itself.


Much of my basic level information has come from Bulbapaedia, a wiki that has indexed pretty much everything for this game series.  Important articles for planning:

EV - a discussion on evolutionary stat bonuses garnered from fighting, as well as manipulating these bonuses to min/max.
IV - a discussion on stats that are bred-in to specific Pokemon, as well as links to calculators to decide which one to use.
Held Items - a listing of items that have in-battle effects, as well as out-of-battle effects.
Metagame Terminology - A list of terms used in the metagame, as well as specific battle roles in a time and examples or suggestions of Pokemon to use.

And, of course, the Pokemon Weakness Type chart I posted on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment