Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hot on the Heels

Just a few days after I posted my editorial about how RPGs and tabletop wargames were in dire need of smartphone-enabled apps, I noticed War Room, an app that was announced in February for the Warmachine and Hordes games.  This is pretty much everything a wargame needs in one app, and is a huge step forward.  For those who just want a quick and dirty YouTube video without having to click thru to Privateer's web site, follow the jump.





Granted, War Room looks completely functional, and they'd already announced prices on downloadable stat cards for Warmahordes at a specific price range ($6.99, if my memory serves me right), so I'm not entirely certain why it hasn't been released.  Perhaps they're having some sort of hangup in publishing the app thru Apple's iTunes.  Still, it's a huge leap in the correct direction.  Wizards of the Coast and Games Workshop, take note -- this is the direction you need to move, and quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment