Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Kickstarter Feature: Clang!

Neil Stephenson is perhaps one of my favorite authors.  I'm a particular fan of his take on Cyberpunk, Snow Crash.  I was quite surprised when I saw him being the onus behind a new title on Kickstarter: Clang.  Apparently, when he's not wanting our book money, he's playing with sharp objects, and this is the result.

He's trying to get a realistic swordfighting sim published, which is difficult enough.  He's trying to do it on the PC using motion controls to boot!  When the Wii came out, I saw quite a lot of promise put into its ability to actually provide realistic fights -- and then I played Red Steel, and gave up on that dream.  Kinect Star Wars promised something similar, but delivered a fun (but mediocre) performance.
This is one I'm not jumping right in to back, but it is one I'm watching closely with an eager eye.  This might be an after-release purchase for me, as it could go wrong quite easily, but it certainly is one worth considering.  At the $25 price point, you might be paying a bit much for the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment