Wednesday, January 29, 2014

An Intro to World of Warcraft Addons (Part 5)

In Part 1, I discussed what an addon is and how to install one via Curse.  In Part 2, I discussed essential, non-intrusive addons that improve general gameplay.  In Part 3, I discuss addons with a moderate impact on user experience, specifically in combat, that I still recommend to improve the gameplay experience.  In Part 4, I discuss data/UI management addons that I find helpful.  In this, the final part, I discuss questing helpers that I use.

TomTom
TomTom works like the GPS that serves as its namesake -- it places a big arrow on your screen and sends you to the nearest quest objective.

SilverDragon
SilverDragon keeps track of where rare mobs spawn and alerts you when one is targetable by creating a box you can click to target it.

RareCoordinator
Rare Coordinator is specifically for Timeless Isle.  This allows people to coordinate when killing the monsters with large cooldowns.  You can also watch it to identify when monsters will spawn.  Bonus?  It doesn't do anything when not on Timeless Isle.  Double bonus?  It will add TomTom arrows to rares for you if you want it to.


HandyNotes
HandyNotes is an addon that allows notes to be added to the map.  I installed this specifically for Timeless Isle, to note the mossy green chest locations, via the addon Timeless Isle Chests.  There are also addons for the Lorewalkers achievements, locations that city guards can direct you to, and many other things.

GatherMate2
GatherMate is an addon that assists very much in gathering professions, showing you locations that gathering nodes spawn.  Using the GatherMate2_Data library, you don't have to discover any nodes yourself.

InFlightTaxiTimer
Taxi shows you an estimate of how much time you have remaining when using flight paths.

These are just the addons I personally prefer.  You may find more on Curse, or alternatives that you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment